- Agreement to terms
- Eligibility requirements To use Scrabblepro, you must be at least 13 years old. If you are under the age of 18, you must have the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
- Service accessibility and resource constraints Scrabblepro is provided to users as a complimentary service, and while we strive to ensure the best possible experience, we cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to our platform at all times. The availability of our resources may occasionally influence the level of access granted to users, and as such, we reserve the right to limit or modify the features and services offered through Scrabblepro at our sole discretion.
- User account creation and security To access certain Scrabblepro features, you must create an account and provide accurate information. You are responsible for keeping your account credentials confidential and agree to notify us of any unauthorized use. We are not liable for third-party access due to theft or misappropriation. You agree not to choose inappropriate or offensive usernames, create multiple accounts, share your account, or transfer it to anyone else.
- Prohibited conduct You must use Scrabblepro in a lawful manner and exhibit respect for others. Actions that violate Scrabblepro's rules and policies are prohibited, including but not limited to:
- 5.1 Engage in any act that Scrabblepro considers to be in conflict with the spirit or intention of the Site and/or its Services, including but not limited to circumventing or manipulating these Terms, our game rules, game mechanics or policies;
- 5.2 Use the Site and/or its Services, intentionally or unintentionally, in connection with a violation of any applicable law or regulation, or doing anything that promotes the violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- 5.3 Use exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods, or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Site and/or its Services or any Scrabblepro game experience;
- 5.4 Use cheating methods or engage in unfair behavior, including but not limited to (a) using unauthorized software, computer engine, word generator, solver or tools to influence the game outcomes, (b) deliberately losing games to manipulate ratings or rankings, (c) playing on someone else's account or engaging in activities to artificially boost another player's rating, (d) exploiting in-game bugs to gain an advantage over other players, (e) or playing against oneself using multiple accounts;
- 5.5 Publish, post, upload, transmit, distribute or disseminate any message, information or material that is or may be (a) inappropriate, unlawful, harmful, abusive, harassing, degrading, threatening, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, infringing, profane, indecent, hateful, intimidating, libelous (b) racist, xenophobic, homophobic (c) related to nudity, sexual/pornographic, excessive violence, offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content; (d) racially, sexually, religiously, ethically, or otherwise objectionable or offensive; (e) or that promotes or incites discrimination, hatred, or violence; This includes using such type of content or related images for profile photos, avatars or forum signatures;
- 5.6 Post or make available through the Site and/or its Services any message, information or material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity;
- 5.7 Post or transmit messages of political or religious nature;
- 5.8 Post, share or publish user's personal information (whether in text, image or video form) without consent, or otherwise post any content that violates the privacy or legal rights of any person; this includes posting identifying information such as login credentials, real names, addresses or any other personal details about yourself or other players;
- 5.9 Solicit, Harvest, collect, process or store user's personal information (whether in text, image or video form);
- 5.10 Post, transmit or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional messages or materials, surveys, contests, spam, "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation without the express consent of Scrabblepro; This includes offering to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose;
- 5.11 Use the Site and/or its Services or any part thereof for any commercial purpose without the express consent of Scrabblepro;
- 5.12 Attempt to, or defame, abuse, harass, stalk, cyberbullying, intimidate, threaten, harm, advocate or incite harassment, abuse or harm of another person, group, including Scrabblepro staff, representatives, operators, moderators or administrators;
- 5.13 Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Scrabblepro staff, representatives, operators, moderators, administrators, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- 5.14 Make improper use of Scrabblepro's support services, including by submitting false abuse reports or using inappropriate, profane or abusive language in your communications with our support personnel;
- 5.15 Use, facilitate, create, or maintain any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate any part of the Site and/or its Services;
- 5.16 Bypass or assist in bypassing any measures Scrabblepro employs to restrict access to the Site and/or its Services;
- 5.17 Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server used to offer or support the Site and/or its Services or Scrabblepro game environment;
- 5.18 Institute, assist or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Site and/or its Services;
- 5.19 Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Site and/or its Services without Scrabblepro's express written consent;
- 5.20 Attempt to gain unauthorized access the Site or its Services, other users' accounts, servers or networks connected to the service by hacking, password mining or any other illegitimate means. This includes accessing or attempting to access restricted areas, modifying or circumventing any security or software that are part of the Site and/or its Services, or helping someone else to do so;
- 5.21 Use any method, third party software, hardware or service (a) that accesses, intercepts, examines, or otherwise collects information from or through the Site and/or its Services or that is in transit from or to the Site and/or its Services; (b) or to observe any proprietary communications protocol used by a client or the Site and/or its Services;
- 5.22 Use any unauthorized software, hardware, technology, service or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Site and/or its Services, or harvest or manipulate data available via the Site and/or its Services;
- 5.23 Make any automated use of the system, or take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- 5.24 Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Site and/or its Services, or to obtain any information from the Site and/or its Services using any method not expressly permitted by Scrabblepro;
- 5.25 Anonymize, hide, forge headers or manipulate identifiers or informations about your computer, browser or network in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site and/or its Service;
- 5.26 Upload or transmit or attempt to upload or transmit any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices;
- 5.27 Encourage, induce, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in unlawful or illegal activity or otherwise breach these Terms;
- Use of communication services
- Chat & game rooms netiquette In order to facilitate exchanges between players, the game connects to a chat server. You must therefore respect the netiquette of the server:
- 7.2 Respect the primary language designated in each chat channel, and avoid engaging in dialogues in other languages.
- 7.3 Avoid flooding, that is, sending messages with repetitive characters or words or irrelevant messages that may cause server saturation.
- 7.4 Avoid excessively using capital letters, as it is considered shouting and inappropriate for the platform.
- 7.5 Avoid monopolizing the chat in public channels, or prevent other users from participating in the conversation.
- 7.6 Avoid disrupting the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users'ability to engage in real time exchanges, or that impact the user experience, the respectful atmosphere of the chat or create a hostile environment;
- 7.8 Respect the decisions of the operators, moderators and administrators, and do not engage in any retaliatory behavior.
- 7.9 Do not connect simultaneously using multiple accounts.
- 7.10 Do not circumvent or attempt to circumvent restrictions or sanctions, or pretend to be a previously banned user.
- Materials provided to Scrabblepro or posted on any web page Scrabblepro does not claim ownership of the material you provide or submit to our site. However, by submitting a message, information or document, you grant us permission to use it in our Internet activities, without compensation. Scrabblepro reserves the right to edit, refuse to publish, delete any submission, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion. By posting or submitting a message or material, you warrant that you have the necessary rights to provide the message or material.
- Illegal or prohibited use / intellectual property / Copyright
- License grant and software ownership To use Scrabblepro, you can download and install our proprietary software on your computer. The software is provided free of charge and acts as an interface that enables you to connect and interact with our servers. Scrabblepro is not liable for any damage or misuse resulting from the download, installation, or use of our software. By using the software, you agree to a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use Scrabblepro for personal, non-commercial purposes.
- Revenue Generation and Donor Privileges Scrabblepro relies on advertising and user donations. Donors may receive minor privileges at Scrabblepro's discretion, but donations do not exempt you from complying with the Terms of Service, and donor privileges may be modified without notice. Scrabblepro reserves the right to suspend Services and cancel access to the Site without refunding fees or donations in cases of fraud, abuse, or violation of these Terms.
- Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Scrabblepro, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and third parties, from any losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) resulting from or arising out of your use of the Site or services, user postings, violation of this agreement or the rights of a third party, or violation of any laws, rules, or regulations. Links to third parties' websites The service and/or Software may include ads or links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these websites or liable for any content available from them.
- Links to third parties' websites The service and/or Software may include ads or links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these websites or liable for any content available from them.
- Termination Scrabblepro may terminate or suspend your account and access to the Site and services, with or without notice, for any reason including violations of these Terms of Service.
- Governing law and dispute resolution Disputes will be resolved through amicable negotiations and mediation, and if these efforts fail, through arbitration in accordance with the rules and procedures of a recognized arbitration institution. The governing law will be French law.
- Force majeure Scrabblepro shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under these Terms of Service due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, such as natural disasters, labor disputes, or governmental actions.
- Assignment You may not assign or transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms of Service without the prior written consent of Scrabblepro. Scrabblepro may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms of Service without restriction.
- Severability If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- No waiver Our failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
- Changes to terms of service Scrabblepro may update or change these Terms of Service at any time, with or without notice. Your use of Scrabblepro following any changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised terms. It is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service periodically. We may notify you of updates to these Terms by email or by posting on the Site and/or its Services, at our discretion.
- Contact information If you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding these Terms of Service, please contact us using the contact information or contact form provided on our website. By using Scrabblepro, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree with any part of these Terms of Service, you must not access or use Scrabblepro.
The Site offers various Communication Services, including bulletin boards, chat rooms, forums, and other communication facilities designed to enable you to engage in public and group interactions. You agree to use these services only to post appropriate messages and materials. You must not: (a) upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents; (b)Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; (c) download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner, (d) falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, (e) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services; (f) or violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service;
Scrabblepro has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services, but may review and delete any material at its discretion. Access to the Communication Services may be terminated without notice. Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you upload materials to such services.
Scrabblepro reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request in our sole discretion.
Always be careful when giving out personally identifiable information in any communication service. Scrabblepro does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication service and, therefore, Scrabblepro specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the communication communication service and any actions resulting from your participation in a communication service. Hosts, managers, operators and moderators do not speak for Scrabblepro.
You are granted a non-transferable, revocable license to access and use Scrabblepro in compliance with these terms. Your use must not be unlawful or damage the Site or others' use. The content, including software, is owned by Scrabblepro or its suppliers and protected by copyright laws. You agree to comply with all copyright and other proprietary notices and may not modify, publish, or exploit content without permission.
Scrabblepro respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects our users to do the same. Third party trademarks that may appear on the Site and its Services belong to their owners. If you believe in good faith that any materials accessible on or from the Site and/or its Service infringe your copyright, please contact us using our website contact form.